Subscriber Terms & Conditions
Please read this carefully because it sets out the terms of a legally binding agreement between you and Friedl Business Information GmbH, the publisher of FriedlNews.
These are the terms and conditions on which you may use the FriedlNews.com website, FriedlNews.com mobile services, RSS and the content/services available on them (which we call "FriedlNews Content"). These terms apply to your use of FriedlNews.com and all FriedlNews Content irrespective of the delivery platform or device you use to access it. By accessing FriedlNews.com you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If you use FriedlNews.com in the course of your business or work, you are also agreeing to these terms and conditions on behalf of that business. We only make these terms and conditions available in the English language.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions (or are not authorized to do so on behalf of your business or work) you should not use FriedlNews.com or any FriedlNews Content and should cancel any subscription in accordance with your cancellation rights (see below). If you have any questions please contact email@example.com. We recommend that you print and save a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
We strongly recommend that you read these terms and conditions in their entirety. However for your convenience we have provided a summarized version of them as part of our Frequently Asked Questions.
Except where we state otherwise, references in these terms and conditions to "FriedlNews" (or ”we”, ”us” or ”our”) refer to the company operating FriedlNews. See Section 10 below for details.
- Access and Use
- User Generated Content
- Third Party Sites and Services
- Our Responsibilities to You
- Subscription Services
- Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
- Corporate Information
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions replace all previous terms and conditions for FriedlNews. FriedlNews may update these terms and conditions for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. We will provide notice of such changes in Section 11 below and if you are a subscriber or registered user we will also email you to notify you of any material change that affects you. You should regularly check Section 11 to see if any changes have been made. If you are a FriedlNews subscriber, any changes will become effective from the date of your next payment following the change unless we notify you otherwise. If you are not a FriedlNews subscriber, any changes will become effective as soon as we notify you of them.
We may in exceptional circumstances cease to publish FriedlNews, the FriedlNews Content or cease to provide subscription services. If we do so, then we will have no further obligation to you, unless you are a subscriber in which case we will offer you a refund of the unexpired period of your subscription. See Section 7 for details.
2. Access and Use
Our ability to invest in high quality journalism depends on our users complying with this Section 2. We recommend that you also read our Copyright Policy that summarizes how you are allowed to use FriedlNews Content. It also invites organizations that may be using FriedlNews Content without the appropriate permissions to approach us with a view to discussing the purchase of a licence to legitimize that use. The amount of FriedlNews Content that you can view on FriedlNews depends on what type of user you are.
In summary, unless you are a registered user you may not be permitted to view any articles; if you are a registered user, you can view a limited amount of standard articles and may also access the FriedlNews mobile website; if you have a standard or premium subscription you can view all of our articles and may access the FriedlNews mobile website. From time to time we may invite specific groups of users to access certain sections of FriedlNews which may be the same as or different to the access given under either of the subscriptions.
Permitted Use: All FriedlNews Content belongs to FriedlNews or its licensors who own all intellectual property rights (including copyright and database rights) in the FriedlNews Content and any selection or arrangement of the FriedlNews Content. No intellectual property rights in any FriedlNews Content are transferred to you. ”FriedlNews” is a registered trade mark and you may not use it without written permission from FriedlNews. You may do the following:
- view FriedlNews Content for your personal use on any device that is compatible with FriedlNews or any FriedlNews application (this might be your PC, laptop, iPhone, iPad or other mobile device) and store FriedlNews Content on that device for your personal use.
- print single copies of articles on paper for your personal use.
- share links to articles by using the article tools we make available at the foot of each article.
- use spidering technology to search and link to FriedlNews, provided that you do not infringe the Restrictions on Use below.
On condition that you do not create a Substitute (as defined below), you may also do the following:
- Publish online, the original FriedlNews headline and a link to the FriedlNews article (on FriedlNews) and the first 140 characters of an article.
- Forward the original FriedlNews headline and a link to the FriedlNews article (on FriedlNews) and the first 140 characters of an article to other individuals.
- Download our RSS feeds and view them for your personal use in accordance with our terms and our Copyright Policy.
We define a Substitute as a product or service that reduces the need for users or other third parties to pay for FriedlNews Content directly, or which creates revenue from the FriedlNews Content to the detriment of FriedlNews’s own ability to generate revenues from that content.
As specified in the “Restrictions on Use” section below you may not republish or redistribute full text articles. You may however republish or redistribute “Summaries” of FriedlNews articles if you comply with the conditions set out below. “Summaries” can be either an “extract” or an “abstract”. By “extract” we mean 30 words copied verbatim from a FriedlNews article which are inserted into a longer original work . By “abstract” we mean a 30 word non-verbatim summary of the news or facts reported in a FriedlNews article which does not form part of a longer work.
These are the conditions you must comply with in order to produce summaries:
- you source FriedlNews as the author of any article from which you have derived a summary by way of an attribution such as “[journalist name] at the FriedlNews reported that”, with a hypertext link from the word “FriedlNews” to the original
story published on FriedlNews;
- in the case of abstracts, you make clear that the abstract has been produced by you by stating “this abstract from the FriedlNews was produced by [name]”, with a hypertext link from the word “FriedlNews” to the original story published on
- you ensure that your summaries do not in whole or in part form a Substitute for FriedlNews’s own products and services (see above for how we define Substitute). The more summaries you create the greater the risk of substitution. No individual or organization
may create, republish or redistribute more than ten summaries in aggregate each day, each one sourced from a different FriedlNews article that is published on the same day you create the summary;
- you do not use or create summaries that promote or endorse any product or service; and
- if FriedlNews notifies you that it believes you are creating, republishing or redistributing summaries outside of these parameters, you shall immediately cease doing so and your rights to create summaries shall be regarded as having been withdrawn, unless/until
FriedlNews reaches an agreement with you regarding your use of FriedlNews articles.
Please note that these rights do not extend to content published by FriedlNews that we licence from third parties which you may not republish or redistribute in whole or in part.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ADDITION TO OUR RIGHTS AT LAW TO RESTRICT CERTAIN TYPES OF USE REFERRED TO IN THIS SECTION 2, THE RESTRICTIONS BELOW ARE ALSO CONTRACTUAL IN NATURE AND BIND ALL USERS OF FriedlNews.
Restrictions on Use: You cannot use FriedlNews or the FriedlNews Content for any unlawful purpose or other than as set out in the “Permitted Use” section above, unless you buy the appropriate licence from us. By way of example only, this means that you cannot:
- if you are a registered user or subscriber or have a temporary access pass, you cannot share your user name and password (which includes PINS) with anyone else. A password is for one person’s use. Sharing a password means a copy of the FriedlNews Content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorized to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our terms and conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright. We monitor usage of FriedlNews to detect password sharing.
- copy, publish, republish or redistribute, communicate or disseminate to third parties full text articles, photographs, graphics, tables or images in any way.
- copy, publish, republish or redistribute headlines in any way other than as permitted by the “Permitted Use” section above (including as part of any syndication, content aggregation, news aggregation, library, archive or similar service).
- archive or store any of the FriedlNews Content for access by anyone other than yourself.
- create derivative works from the FriedlNews Content, unless you are creating summaries as described in the “Permitted Use” section above.
- photocopy or scan copies of articles.
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of FriedlNews Content made under these terms and conditions.
- create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically and/or regularly downloading, caching, printing and storing all or any of the FriedlNews Content (by spidering or otherwise).
- frame, harvest or scrape the FriedlNews Content or otherwise access the FriedlNews Content for similar purposes.
- use or attempt to use the FriedlNews Content outside the parameters we set depending on what subscription you have.
Linking: If you would like to link to FriedlNews, please read and comply with the following guidelines and all applicable laws. A site or service that links to FriedlNews:
- may display a FriedlNews logo, but must not otherwise use any FriedlNews trade marks without permission from FriedlNews;
- may not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the logo;
- may link to the homepage of FriedlNews, and, provided that the requirements of Section 2 are complied with, may also link to other pages of FriedlNews;
- must not in any way imply that FriedlNews is endorsing it or its products or services;
- must not misrepresent its relationship with FriedlNews or present false information about FriedlNews;
- must not be a site or service that infringes any intellectual property or other right of any person or that otherwise does not comply with all relevant laws and regulations;
- must not be a site or service that contains content that could be construed as distasteful or offensive.
On registration, you must provide FriedlNews with accurate, complete registration information and it is your responsibility to update and maintain changes to that information on the applicable FriedlNews registration or subscription pages. FriedlNews is entitled to rely on any information you provide to us.
Each registration is for a single user only. On registration, you will choose a user name and password (”PW”). You are not allowed to share your PW or give access to FriedlNews Content through your PW to anyone else. FriedlNews does not allow multiple users on a network or within an organization to use the same PW. FriedlNews may cancel or suspend your access to FriedlNews if you share your FriedlNews PW without further obligation to you. You may not create additional registration or subscription accounts for the benefit of others or with the aim of avoiding our use of PWs to control access to and use of FriedlNews.
You are responsible for all use of FriedlNews made by you or anyone else using your PW and for preventing unauthorized use of your PW. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorized use of your PW or any payment information, you must notify FriedlNews immediately by e-mailing us at support@FriedlNews. We recommend that you do not select an obvious user password (such as your name) and that you change it regularly.
If you provide FriedlNews with an email address that will result in any messages FriedlNews may send you being sent to you via a network or device operated or owned by a third party (e.g. Your employer or college) then you promise that you are entitled to receive those messages. You also agree that FriedlNews may stop sending messages to you without notifying you.
If you are a registered user of or subscriber to FriedlNews then you may choose to use FriedlNews’s ”Remember me” log in feature that enables you to be logged in automatically to FriedlNews whenever you visit FriedlNews without having to manually log in each time. We recommend that you do not enable this feature on any computer that is or may be used by anyone other than you in order to prevent unauthorized access by third parties to both your subscription details and features of FriedlNews personal to you.
4. User Generated Content
FriedlNews will include discussion forums and blogs that allow interaction between users and between users and FriedlNews journalists (we call these ”Forums”). We call the information posted to these forums or blogs by users “User Generated Content” or “UGC”.
If you wish to view or participate in a Forum then you must comply with any specific rules posted on the Forum. You will retain ownership of the copyright in any of your UGC that you or we publish on FriedlNews so you are free to re-use it as you wish. You agree that if you post UGC to a Forum then you are granting FriedlNews a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit, whether on FriedlNews or otherwise, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. This means that you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use any UGC you publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to you. You also waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the UGC.
You are responsible for all the content of any of your UGC that you or we publish. You are financially responsible to us for any claim against us by any third party that your UGC is not in accordance with the bullet points below or that otherwise relates to your UGC.
You agree that you will:
- only publish UGC that is your original content and will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party when publishing UGC.
- not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication.
- not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC with recommendations to buy or not buy a particular share or other investment or which contain confidential information of another party or which otherwise have the purpose of affecting the price or value of any share or other investment.
- not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC that is threatening, abusive, libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful.
- not disguise the origin of any UGC and not impersonate any person or entity (including FriedlNews employees or Forum guests or hosts) or misrepresent any connection with any person or entity.
- not post or otherwise publish any UGC unrelated to the Forum or the Forum’s topic.
- not post or transmit any UGC that contains software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of FriedlNews or any computer software or equipment.
- not collect or store other users’ personal data.
- not restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums.
The Forums contain UGC submitted by users over whom FriedlNews has no control so we cannot therefore guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any UGC. Some users may not behave properly and may post UGC that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
It is not possible for FriedlNews to fully monitor all UGC published on FriedlNews but where we have actually received notice of any UGC that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, then we will review that UGC, decide whether to remove it from FriedlNews and act accordingly. If you believe that any UGC published on FriedlNews infringes any legal rights that you may have or is not allowed under these terms and conditions, please notify us immediately with specific details by contacting us at support@FriedlNews.
5. Third Party Sites and Services
FriedlNews may contain links to other internet websites or online and mobile services provided by independent third parties, including websites of our advertisers and sponsors (what we call ”Third Party Sites”), either directly or through frames. Third Party Sites may be co-branded with FriedlNews and so include FriedlNews’s trade marks.
FriedlNews contains advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on FriedlNews complies with international and national law. FriedlNews is not responsible for any error or inaccuracy in advertising or sponsorship material.
Copyright in any software that is made available for download from FriedlNews belongs to FriedlNews or its suppliers. Your use of the software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with the software. Do not install or use any of this software unless you agree to such licence agreement. FriedlNews is not responsible for any technical or other issues that may happen if you download third party software.
6. Our Responsibilities to You
A summary of what this section means: this section is important and you should read it carefully. It makes clear to what extent, if any, FriedlNews accepts responsibility (liability) to you for your use of FriedlNews or the FriedlNews Content or in respect of any third party products or services that we refer to or link to on FriedlNews. Unless you are a subscriber to FriedlNews or have a temporary access pass, we accept no financial responsibility to you arising from your use of FriedlNews or the FriedlNews Content. If you are a subscriber to FriedlNews or have a temporary access pass, we limit our financial responsibility to you arising from your use of FriedlNews or the FriedlNews Content to the price you paid for your subscription or temporary access pass. In no circumstances do we accept responsibility for your use of Third Party Sites or in respect of any Third Party Products. By Third Party Sites we mean websites, online or mobile services provided by third parties, including websites of advertisers and sponsors that may appear on FriedlNews. By Third Party Products we mean products or services provided by third parties. Although this means that we accept very little in the way of financial responsibility for your use of FriedlNews and the FriedlNews Content, we think this is fair on the basis that you can view certain content and services free-of-charge, and the cost of a subscription or temporary access pass for additional access rights is relatively inexpensive. It is not commercially possible for us to accept more responsibility for your use of FriedlNews than set out in this Section 6 taking into account that we permit you to use FriedlNews for no or a relatively inexpensive cost.
Limitations of FriedlNews Content: the FriedlNews Content (including any information we publish regarding Third Party Products) is only for your general information and entertainment purposes and is not intended to address your particular requirements. In particular, the FriedlNews Content, including UGC and any other content provided by third parties and distributed by FriedlNews, does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by FriedlNews. It is not intended to be and should not be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment, purchase, sale or other decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision, such as from a qualified financial adviser. Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any third party named on (or linked to from) FriedlNews are at your own responsibility and entered into at your own risk. Any information that you receive via FriedlNews, whether or not it is classified as ”real time”, may have stopped being current by the time it reaches you. Share price information may be rounded up/down and therefore may not be entirely accurate.
What we promise: FRIEDLNEWS WILL TRY TO DEVELOP AND OPERATE FriedlNews WITH REASONABLE SKILL AND CARE AND WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROMPTLY REMEDY ANY FAULTS OF WHICH IT IS AWARE. THIS IS THE ONLY PROMISE WE MAKE IN RELATION TO OUR PROVISION OF FriedlNews AND THE FRIEDLNEWS CONTENT.
What we do not promise: FriedlNews AND THE FRIEDLNEWS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THIS MEANS THAT FRIEDLNEWS DOES NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES IN RESPECT OF FriedlNews OR THE SERVICES AND FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH FriedlNews OR OF THE QUALITY, COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON OR LINKED TO FROM FriedlNews. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FRIEDLNEWS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS AND DUTIES (EXCEPT ANY DUTIES OF GOOD FAITH) OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FRIEDLNEWS ALSO DOES NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES AS TO THE TIMELINESS, SECURITY, PERFORMANCE OR AVAILABILITY OF FriedlNews AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT FriedlNews IS FREE FROM INFECTION BY VIRUSES OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS APPLY EQUALLY TO YOUR USE OF FriedlNews AND ALL FRIEDLNEWS CONTENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE ABOVE, FRIEDLNEWS IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATTERS BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL. FRIEDLNEWS DOES NOT CONTROL THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS (INCLUDING YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER), THE INTERNET, ACTS OF GOD OR THE ACTS OF THIRD PARTIES.
Our financial responsibility to you: YOU AGREE THAT IF WE ARE IN BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WE WILL ONLY BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU INCUR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF FriedlNews OR THE FRIEDLNEWS CONTENT (TO THE EXTENT THAT FRIEDLNEWS’S LIABILITY IS NOT OTHERWISE EXCLUDED BY THIS SECTION 6) AS FOLLOWS:
- IF YOU INCUR ANY LOSS AS A RESULT OF USING FriedlNews OR ANY FRIEDLNEWS CONTENT OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, FRIEDLNEWS ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY (LIABILITY) TO YOU FOR THIS.
- IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A SUBSCRIPTION OR TEMPORARY ACCESS PASS TO FriedlNews, THEN FRIEDLNEWS ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY (LIABILITY) TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES YOU ACTUALLY INCUR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF FriedlNews OR THE FRIEDLNEWS CONTENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SUBJECT TO A LIMIT EQUAL TO THE PRICE PAID BY YOU TO FRIEDLNEWS FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION DURING THE YEAR IN WHICH YOU INCUR THE DAMAGE OR THE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE TEMPORARY ACCESS PASS THAT GAVE YOU ACCESS AT THE TIME YOU INCURRED THE DAMAGE. YOU MAY AT YOUR OPTION RECEIVE A RENEWAL TO YOUR SUBSCRIPTION FREE-OF-CHARGE AT THE POINT OF RENEWAL OR THE SAME TYPE OF TEMPORARY ACCESS PASS FREE-OF-CHARGE, IN PLACE OF MONETARY DAMAGES.
- IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID FOR A SUBSCRIPTION TO FriedlNews OR TEMPORARY ACCESS PASS, THEN FRIEDLNEWS ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY (LIABILITY) TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF FriedlNews OR THE FRIEDLNEWS CONTENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION 6 APPLY FOR THE BENEFIT OF FRIEDLNEWS, ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING THOSE LISTED IN SECTION 7 AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT OUR THIRD PARTY DATA SUPPLIERS HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY OF THEIR DATA SUPPLIED TO YOU AS PART OF THE FRIEDLNEWS CONTENT.
Notwithstanding anything else in this Section 6, FriedlNews’ liability will not be limited in the case of death or personal injury directly caused by FriedlNews’ negligence in those countries where it is unlawful for FriedlNews to seek to exclude such liability.
7. Subscription Services and Temporary Access Passes
We offer subscription services through FriedlNews and recommend that you read our Frequently Asked Questions for more details and before purchasing a subscription.
Types of subscription/temporary passes: unless you purchase a subscription or temporary access pass to use FriedlNews then your usage rights will be limited. You may obtain broader usage rights by purchasing a FriedlNews subscription or temporary access pass. We currently offer two levels of FriedlNews subscriptions called Standard Subscription and Premium Subscription. FriedlNews reserves the right to vary the amount of content and types of service that it makes available to different categories of user which means that we may increase or reduce the content and services that are only available to paying subscribers or temporary access pass holders from time to time.
Contract formation: FriedlNews will try to process your subscription or temporary access pass promptly but does not guarantee that your subscription or temporary access pass will be activated by any specified time. By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy a subscription or temporary access pass. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment details and email address, at which point we will provide you with access to your subscription or temporary access pass. FriedlNews reserves the right to reject any offer in its discretion, for any or no reason.
Payment details: when you subscribe or purchase a temporary access pass you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details you promise that you are entitled to purchase a subscription or temporary access pass using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription or temporary access pass and may in suspicious circumstances contact the issuing bank and/or law enforcement authorities/other appropriate third parties. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms and conditions we will credit that refund to the card or other payment method you used to submit payment, unless it has expired in which case we will contact you. If you buy a subscription or temporary access pass using a corporate credit card than we will treat your subscription or temporary access pass as being for the benefit of both you and the relevant company.
Pricing: the subscription price and temporary access pass price will be made clear to you on our sign-up pages or otherwise during the sign-up process and may vary from time to time or by country. You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you take out your subscription or purchase your temporary access pass. You can take out either an annual or monthly subscription. You can also take out any other fixed term or payment frequency that we may offer from time to time. Eligibility for any discounts is ascertained at the time you subscribe and cannot be changed during the term of your subscription. We will always tell you in advance of any increase in the price of your subscription and offer you an opportunity to cancel it if you do not wish to pay the new price.
Pricing errors: if we incorrectly state a price to you whether online or otherwise, we are not obliged to provide you with a subscription or temporary access pass at that price, even if we have mistakenly accepted your offer to buy a subscription or temporary access pass at that price, and reserve the right to subsequently notify you of any pricing error. If we do this, you may cancel the subscription or temporary access pass without any obligation to us and we will refund you any money you have paid us in full or you may pay the correct price. If you refuse to exercise either of these choices then we may cancel your subscription or temporary access pass and will refund you any money you have paid us in full. We will always act in good faith in determining whether a genuine pricing error has occurred.
Other costs: in addition to any subscription or temporary access pass fees you pay, you are responsible for paying any internet connection or other telecommunications charges that you may incur by accessing FriedlNews or using the services available on it. For example, if you use any of our mobile services then your network operator may charge you for data or messaging services.
Free trials: we may from time to time and at our discretion make a free trial or temporary access available to users, in which case we will only charge you for your subscription with effect from the expiry of the free trial period. No more than one free trial per subscriber is allowed in any twelve month period.
Renewals: if you chose to pay monthly, your subscription will continue until you tell us that you no longer wish to receive it, in which case you will stop paying the monthly fees. Please see the “Cancellations by you” section below for details of how to cancel your monthly subscription. If you chose to pay annually, we will send you an email letting you know when your annual subscription is close to ending (unless you have already told us that you wish to cancel your subscription). Unless you then notify us before the end of your annual subscription period that you no longer wish to receive it, your annual subscription will renew for another year. We will charge the subscription using the same card or other payment method that you previously used. We will notify you in advance of any changes to the price in your subscription that will apply upon renewal.
Cancellations by you and refunds: unless you cancel your subscription before we have started providing any part of it to you (in which case we will provide you with a full refund), then you agree that once we have started providing any part of your subscription to you, you do not have any right to cancel your subscription or any part of it until the end of your then current subscription period. This means that you are not entitled to a refund once we have started providing any part of your subscription to you, except in the very limited circumstances which are referred to in these terms and conditions. Although you may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, such notice will only take effect at the end of your then current subscription period. You may notify us of your wish to cancel your subscription by contacting our Customer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations by us: FriedlNews reserves the right to suspend or terminate your subscription if you breach these terms and conditions, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. You will not be entitled to any refund in these circumstances. If however we terminate or suspend your subscription for any other reason and/or permanently cease publishing FriedlNews, the FriedlNews Content or cease to provide subscription services then, unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will provide you with a pro rata refund to your credit card, which means that we will refund you with any amounts that you have paid us in advance that relate to any remaining and unexpired period of your subscription.
Who your subscription contract is with: if you buy a FriedlNews subscription or temporary access pass, then you will be contracting with Friedl Business Information GmbH, whose principal place of business is at Business & Research Center, Meldemannstrasse 18, 1200 Vienna, Austria.
These terms and conditions apply for the benefit for any or all of the above entities who may rely on them and/or enforce them in their own right.
8. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be subject to Austrian law. Both you and we agree that the courts of Austria will (subject to the final paragraph in this Section 8) have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms and conditions.
For the exclusive benefit of FriedlNews and to the extent possible, FriedlNews will retain the right to bring or enforce proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence or, where these terms and conditions are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of the place of business in which you agreed to these terms and conditions or (if different) the country of your principal place of business.
You may not license or transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to any sister company, but if we do so we will ensure that any company to whom we transfer our rights or obligations will continue to honor your rights under them.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
FriedlNews is best viewed with one of our supported browsers. Our current list of supported browsers and the degree to which they are supported can be found in the FAQ section. Any payment information you send to us over the Internet is encrypted using 128 bit Secure Socket Layer technology. SSL is currently the preferred method to securely transfer credit card data over the Internet.
10. Corporate Information
Friedl Business Information GmbH is the publisher of the FriedlNews website, and its corporate details are as follows: registered office address is Business & Research Center, Meldemannstrasse 18, 1200 Vienna, Austria; company number is FN 303452d; VAT number is ATU64162729.
11. Changes to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions were last updated on 20 February 2014 and replace with immediate effect all terms and conditions previously published.